Nobody knows exactly why the stone Pyramida monument was constructed in the early 19th century. It may have been to honour a visit by Count Clam-Gallas in 1815, or perhaps to commemorate the first smelting in Riedel’s glassworks in Jizerka in 1829. After the glassworks were established, a glass grinding plant was built next to it where the Kunze family’s popular bar started operating at the end of the 19th century, and in 1927 a spacious timbered hall was added to it.
After the Second World War, Mrs Kakrdová, née Kunze, was running the Pyramida bar, the only one in Jizerka. From the 1960s, the owners and managers of the bar changed frequently, and this resulted in disparate outbuildings and a neglect of maintenance. Nevertheless, Pyramida held on to its renown.
Spring 2005 finally saw complete renovation, and a year later the successful crusade for satisfied customers began. A restored stage returned it to the centre of social events, where a number of popular events take place, headed up by April’s Cat Ball.